We are seeking an exceptional Senior Software Developer to join us. This role will work with our experienced team of development professionals, enhancing our current trading technology, supporting our live production environment, and building additional functionality to support the firm’s business needs. Our developers are involved throughout the entire project process, spending time with traders and quantitative analysts generating ideas, discussing their designs with other developers, building, testing, and releasing their software into production daily, and supporting projects once they are live. We’re looking for a self-starter interested in working in a fast-paced environment with lots of creative autonomy. We value an office where people like to work and like each other.
- BS or MS in computer science, math, or applied engineering
- 7+ years’ experience with an Object-oriented Java-like language (e.g. Java/C#)
- 7+ years’ experience with SQL
- Excellent OO design and implementation skills
- Strong knowledge of data structures and tradeoffs between simplicity and efficiency of algorithms
- Experience with threading and concurrency
- Experience working in fixed income or similar industry
- Familiarity with JMS or other messaging framework
- Experience using MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Proficiency with Linux and Windows servers
- Experience with distributed caching frameworks (e.g. Hazelcast, Coherence)
- Experience with Docker or similar container
Compensation and Benefits
In return for long-term commitment, we offer competitive compensation, including base pay and incentive compensation (which can include equity in the firm, subject to compensation agreements) and relocation assistance. Benefits include daily breakfast and catered lunch, monthly massages, paid time off, various leaves, company-sponsored medical and dental plans, long-term disability coverage, as well as a 401(k) plan with company matching contributions.
At Millennium, you will work with intelligent, ambitious, friendly, and positive individuals. We are proud of the team and culture we have built. The office hosts amenities and activities to give our team members opportunities to get to know one another and build meaningful relationships. We have a casual dress code, and our office sports pool and ping pong tables, music, group dining tables, and various comfortable meeting areas for collaboration.
Interested? Please submit a resume and your transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org